2018 COMPETITION DATES
BKC FREESTYLE TOUR EXPANDS FOR 2018
The freestyle championship has been the bedrock of UK kitesurfing competition history since the early days of the sport, and we’ve seen some graduates from the tour go on to become some of the biggest names in the sport!
The 2018 tour will see four events run at two existing venues (Hayling Island and Westward Ho!) as well as Skegness (a returning contest spot after almost a decade) and one brand new venue where Lewis Crathern once registered the highest kitesurfing jump in the UK – Ramsgate in Kent.
BKSA MD Andy Gratwick says:
“We’re excited to see this long established tour grow in size and visit new and exciting venues. The BKSA has gone through ups and downs with delivering events over nearly 20 years, we hope to see the BKC tour continue to grow and become sustainable over the coming years alongside all our other event disciplines.”
2018 EVENT DATES
Get these events in your diary and come along!
LEGEND OF THE BAY
• Watergate, April TBC
• Skegness, May 19 / 20th NORTHEAST
• Hayling Island, June 22-24th SOUTH CENTRAL (Kitesurfing Armada)
• Westward Ho!, July 14 / 15th SOUTHWEST
• Ramsgate, August 18 / 19th SOUTHEAST
EDGE RACE CUP
• Exmouth June 9/10th
• Rollover and dual Venue September 15/6th 29/30th Cornwall/ Wales/ NE
ALSO – CR:X BRITISH KITE RACING SERIES
Newly launched, and using standardised foiling equipment, much of which is provided, these are designed to be fun events to help riders experience foiling and racing:
• Hill Head, April 14 / 15th
• Poole, May 12 / 13th
• Southend on Sea, June 16 / 17th
• Hayling Island, September 29 / 30th
• Daymer Bay, October 20 / 21st