British Kitesports Association
(a company limited by guarantee)
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an annual general meeting of the British Kitesports Association (a company limited by guarantee) (the “BKSA”) will be held remotely online on the 25th March 2021 at 20.00pm (we will publish the meeting website address when established) to transact the following business;
Each of the resolutions set out below (being nos. 1-10) will be proposed as Ordinary Resolutions
Minutes of 2019 AGM
1. To approve the minutes of the 2019 AGM of the BKSA and to authorise the Chairman to sign the same.
2. To receive and approve a report of the Chairman on the activities of the BKSA since the last AGM.
3. To receive a report on the Accounts and the finances of the BKSA and to adopt the Statutory Financial Reports for 2019.
4. To approve the report on the attendance by Board Directors at the principal Board Meetings of the BKSA since the last AGM.
This meeting will also update the membership on:
• Events run by the BKSA since the last AGM.
• Training activities undertaken since the last AGM.
• Membership matters including current numbers, and targets for 2020-2021
• Club affiliation and general club matters
Election and re-election of directors
5. Re elect Phil Revill as a director of the Association.
6. Re elect Andy Gratwick as a director of the Association.
7. Re elect Will Richardson as a director of the Association.
Any other business
The floor will be open to any other business
By order of the Board
British Kitesports Association, 20th February 2021
1. Full and adult Family members of the BKSA whose membership is current are entitled to one vote each at the AGM (article 80). The vote may be cast in person or by proxy.
2. Full and adult Family members are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of their rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting and you should have received a proxy form with this notice of meeting. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
3. A proxy does not need to be a member of the BKSA but must attend the meeting to represent you. Details of how to appoint the Chairman of the meeting or another person as your proxy using the proxy form are set out in the notes to the proxy form. If you wish your proxy to speak on your behalf at the meeting you will need to appoint your own choice of proxy (not the Chairman) and give your instructions directly to them.
4. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the meeting.
5. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution or withhold their vote.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be:
• completed and signed;
• sent or delivered to the Secretary at [email protected]sports.org and
• received by the Company no later than 48 hours before the time fixed for the meeting.
British Kitesports Association
A company limited by guarantee
Registered in England and Wales under number 6978015
Registered office: 14A Albany Road, Granby Industrial Estate, Weymouth DT4 9TH.