Could you work on Sir Richard Branson’s private island? Find the full rundown of roles and responsibilities below. Submit your applications to: [email protected]
Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, Necker, in the British Virgin Islands, is unquestionably the most idyllic place in the Caribbean. Necker Island is 74 acres, fringed with white sandy beaches and surrounded by turquoise waters and coral reefs. Necker Island is normally hired exclusively for up to 30 guests, with the option to accommodate more, on an all-inclusive basis, perfect for special occasions and events! It can also be shared with others ‘house-party’ style during Celebration Weeks which are held several times each year, when guests can book individual rooms. Accommodation comes in the form of ten rooms in the Great House, six individual Balinese style cottages and Richards personal residence Temple House. The property can also be rented for large events and weddings of over 200 people and has a wonderful array of rare wildlife which we are helping to flourish!
If that wasn’t enough Necker Island also operates on Moskito Island, another beautiful island also owned by Richard, a couple of miles to the South. Staff may find themselves taking Necker guests over for a visit or even working with the Moskito team with their guests as is required. Finally, s/v Necker Belle, Richard’s 104 carbon fibre catamaran is based in the BVI waters, chartering both independently and to Necker and Moskito guests.
The style of Necker is “barefoot luxury”, brilliant delivery without the gold buttoned white jackets – think Richard and you’ll get it! Guests are encouraged to view the island as their home. The island provides extensive water sports activities as well as tennis courts with resident coach, gym and an outstanding spa.
For more info on the hotel and the group look at http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/necker-island/ and follow the link to Necker Island.
Here’s what you need in your tool kit:
Qualifications / Experience
- Worked in 5 star establishments
- Previous Management experience running a Water Sports Centre (min 2 years, 6 persons plus)
- Marine experience – Yacht Master Qualification or similar Power Boat Certification
- Vessel safety knowledge
- Water Sports instructor qualifications and multiple years’ experience (especially Kite surfing)
- Overseas or Caribbean experience an advantage
Behaviours / Skills
- A passion for making exceptional holiday experiences for guests
- A working manager who is totally hands-on
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Excellent guest contact skills/ socially confident
- Plans and organises effectively
- High degree of attention to detail
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to perform gracefully under pressure
- Sense of fun
- Good training/ coaching skills
Resourceful approach – able to troubleshoot in the event of a breakdown
What’s the gig?
The overall supervision of all guest activities including watersports, tennis, diving, trampolines, gym, inside games i.e. board games and any other activities our guest may want whilst they are on island.
To ensure the Necker power boats and sail boats are all well maintained and managed, ensuring all safety standards are achieved and maintained.
Submit your applications to: [email protected]