Kite Instructor wanted for Zanzibar
HEAD KITE INSTRUCTOR / MANAGER POSITION FOR A NEW KITE SCHOOL IN ZANZIBAR (TANZANIA)
FIRST SEASON STARTING JUNE 13TH 2014 TO MID OCT 2014.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get a little bit more serious about working in kite surfing.
The school is being set up as we speak from an established beach location with over 40 rooms and plenty of ‘walk by’ business in Jambiani near Paje, Zanzibar.
The kite centre itself is being built as we speak, whilst we are also working on the website and everything else that needs to be done. The kite spot is ideal with only one other kite school nearby and plenty of space to learn in. The beach location for the school (Jambiani) is very close to another kite area known as Paje which is starting to get very busy now.
You will find our spot both quiet & chilled making for better kiting and learning. We will also be offering SUP, surf & kit rental.
The forthcoming kiting 2014/2015 seasons are predicted to run as follows:
Middle of June to Mid / End September.
Middle of December to Mid March / End March
About the role:
We need someone with not only teaching experience but with also maturity to be able to supervise the day-to-day running of the kite school and work with the owners in establishing this as a leading kite school right from the start. Ideally you will have excellent English & possibly other language skills such as Italian, French, German & Spanish.
We will be operating from an established beach front tourist property known as ‘Visitors Inn’, which has over 40 rooms and plenty of walk in / walk by business.
See: www.zanzibarislandvisitorsinn.com for more details about the property.
Intro from one of the school owners: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKpqMmCN_Q
• Recruit & supervise local assistants / trainee instructors.
• Teach students (most students will be staying at the location)
• Look after equipment (mainly NORTH), kites, SUPs
• Lead staff and client briefings at beginning / end of the day
• Make sure all paperwork is filled properly (course progress, release forms etc)
• Make sure all paperwork is filed away for health & safety purposes
• Interact with clients and promote school products to them.
• Promote other water sports during no-wind days
• Supervise maintenance of beach, rescue boat, areas around kite centre.
*IKO Level 2 & above or BKSA or other organisation equivalent.
*Min 2/3 seasons teaching experience
*English fluent (other languages a bonus)
*Positive and energetic individual
*Team player and great people skills
What we offer:
* A fixed salary per month plus commission depending on candidate experience.
* A reduced price for food and drinks within the hotel.
* The opportunity to become a partner as you prove your worth.
* Reduced price accommodation
* New school with all the opportunities & challenges this brings.
* Safe learning conditions
* Brand new equipment
* Huge shallow area protected by a huge reef 2 to 3km outside
* Warm water all year long
* Waves on the reef
* Perfect for no wind SUP, the odd surf session, diving & snorkelling
* Cross-shore and on-shore winds
* Wind from 12 to 24 knots 75% of the year
* Excellent for learners and experienced riders
Interested ? Please contact owner: [email protected] with brief synopsis of your relevant qualifications, experience and contact details asap.