British Kitesurfing Association (a company limited by guarantee)
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an annual general meeting of the British Kitesurfing Association (a company limited by guarantee) (the “BKSA”) will be held at Adur Outdoor Activities Centre, Brighton Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex BN43 5LT on Saturday 28th April 2012 at 5.00 pm to transact the following business.
Resolutions 5 and 6 will be proposed as Special Resolutions. All other resolutions will be proposed as Ordinary Resolutions
Click on below to get reports
5.Change of name and objects
(i) The name of the Association be changed to “British Kitesports Association”; and
(ii) The objects of the Association be changed from “To promote the sport of kitesurfing and other kite sports …” to “To promote kitesports …” by deletion of the words “the sport of kitesurfing and other”.
6.Adoption of new articles of association
THAT the draft regulations produced to the meeting and, for the purposes of identification, initialled by the Chairman be adopted as the articles of association of the Association in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the existing articles of association.
7. Remuneration limit for non-executive directors
THAT (conditional upon the passage of resolution 6 above) for the purposes of Article 51 of the articles of association of the Company, the remuneration limit for non-executive directors be fixed at £1,500 per annum.
Appointment of Officers
To re-appoint Richard Gowers as Chairman of the Association
9. Vice Chairman
To re-appoint Peter Shaw as Vice-Chairman of the Association
To re-appoint Marc Rowley as Secretary of the Association
To re-appoint Jason Holland as Treasurer of the Association
12. Head of Training
To re-appoint Andy Gratwick as the Association’s Head of Training
Appointment of non-executives
13. To re-appoint Will Richardson as a director
14. To re-appoint Chris Whittingslow as a director
15. To re-appoint Simon Mudd as a director
By order of the Board
British Kitesurfing Association
13 April 2012
1. Full and adult Family members of the BKSA whose membership is current are entitled to one vote each at the AGM (articles 3.3 and 77). The vote may be cast in person or by proxy.
2. Full and adult Family members are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of their rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting and you should have received a proxy form with this notice of meeting. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
3. A proxy does not need to be a member of the BKSA but must attend the meeting to represent you. Details of how to appoint the Chairman of the meeting or another person as your proxy using the proxy form are set out in the notes to the proxy form. If you wish your proxy to speak on your behalf at the meeting you will need to appoint your own choice of proxy (not the Chairman) and give your instructions directly to them.
4. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the meeting.
5. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution or withhold their vote.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be:
- completed and signed;
- sent or delivered to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org ; and
- received by the Company no later than 48 hours before the time fixed for the meeting.
Richard Gowers (Chairman): email@example.com
Marc Rowley (Secretary): firstname.lastname@example.org
British Kitesurfing Association
A company limited by guarantee
Registered in England and Wales under number 6978015
Registered office: 14A Albany Road, Granby Industrial Estate, Weymouth DT4 9TH.