PKA Kite Buggy Series 2018/19 Round one: Brean, Somerset
WORDS: Kevin Arlott
The action is not only on the water now as we go into winter. The Parakart Association kicked off the 2018/19 Kite Buggy Racing Series at Brean with four races over the weekend of 20 & 21 October.
Reigning champion from 2017/18, Ryan McGavin emerged as leader. Having lost the first race to challenger Mark Sherlock, Ryan soon recovered and took the next three races and claim the weekend prize and the lead in the Championship. Mark follows in second and local buggier Barry Cook took third overall by a tiny margin after almost equal points with fourth place, Matt Job.
The kite buggy racing dates for the rest of 2018 and 2019 have now been announced. Take a look at the PKA website for more details: www.parakartassociation.co.uk
The PKA is also holding two Buggy Camps in 2019. Buggy Camps are designed around raising the skill level of all those who attend no matter what buggy you sit in or what kite you fly.
- Come along and get guidance with your first spin in a buggy.
- Take your buggying further with a range of games planned to develop your skills.
- Test yourself on some of our skills challenges.
- Get guidance on specific manoeuvres from experienced pilots
- And of course we might do some racing for fun, no licence required!
The dates are: 27 & 28 July at Hoylake, The Wirral, and 10 & 11 August at Pembrey, South Wales.
Find out more at: www.parakartassociation.co.uk/buggycamp