The Paddle Round The Pier Beach Festival is here!
Whilst the summer hasn’t really arrived yet, the Paddle Round The Pier Beach Festival promises to bring some good vibes and smiles all round this weekend to Brighton.
The event, which has been running since 1996 and last year raised over £30,000, returns to Hove Lawns and the neighbouring beach on Saturday and Sunday (7-8th July).
Once again the main aim is to raise as much money as possible for our three charities; this year they are the RNLI, Winston’s Wish and Surf Aid. The event is run by volunteers and couldn’t exist without the support of them, plus a huge range of businesses plus individuals from Brighton and beyond.
Money is raised by the businesses that attend and also the thousands of visitors that travel from far and wide to soak up the atmosphere of this unique event. The event is completely free to visit, so organisers ask that people attending consider donating £1 (or more if they can) to the official collectors on the gates. And if you can’t make the event, but still want to support these amazing charities then you can do so online via paddleroundthepier.com.
This event has grown substantially over the past few years, both in terms of size and also the number of things you can do or see there. Highlights include:
· The Paddle Village – a giant ‘village’ on Hove Lawns with hundreds of stalls, places to eat and drink, plus entertainment
· Live music – the outdoor stage plays host to some of the best musical talent from Brighton and further afield
· Fun for the family – there’s a Kids stage, giant sandpit and fairground rides
· LOL Skate & Ride Park – ramps for skateboarders and BMX riders
· The Maritime Marathon – the ultimate waterman’s challenge event
· The Paddle Something Unusual – a raft race with a difference!
· The Paddle Round The Pier – the mass sponsored paddle on Sunday
The fun starts at 9am on Saturday and the site closes at 8pm, after which there is a Brazilian themed party! Then on Sunday the festival is open again at 9am and continues until 6pm.
For more information on the activities, charities or the event, visit www.paddleroundthepier.com, www.facebook.com/paddleroundthepier or www.twittter.com/prtp